Sunday, November 7, 2010

Joshua's Weekly Playlist- Movie Edition! 11/07/10

Hello, readers of this blog- it's Joshua!
As Austin said, I do slightly more mainstream music for my playlist. I hope you like the songs that I picked out for this week.
So, on with the playlist!
As you all know from my review of Easy A, I really liked the movie. However, the soundtrack really stuck out for me, which I didn't mention in my review. The film opened with a fun song called "Change of Seasons," by Sweet Things- it got stuck in my head long after the movie was done. The song was not made for the movie, but it probably will become really associated with the movie. Here's the Easy A video. Unlike Austin's playlist, I have different songs, completely unrelated to eachother. Okay, the next one is from a movie, but still.
The next one is from what I consider to be the best movie of the year- Inception.
(If you know me, you probably expected me to say Toy Story 3).
Actually, the next two. If you've see the movie, you know the song when they wake up is a french song. What is it, you may ask? It's called Non, Je ne regrette rien- which means No, I Have No Regrets. Really, it does. If you've seen the movie, you'll know how strange it is. The actress who played Mal in Inception actually played the singer (Edith Piaf) in La Vie En Rose... a movie about her life. The director didn't want to have that happen, but Hans Zimmer, the composer for the film, had already written music around it. And here is the song.
Also, if you've seen the movie, the last scene where (SPOILER ALERT) the top is spinning (END SPOILER) has music, and that music is AWESOME! At least, I think so. It's instrumental, but the music is just so beautiful. Hans Zimmer is a genius- he took four chords, and made them all amazing. It's called Time, and click here to listen to it. 
That's all I have to write for now-
Thank you for reading (and listening)
Joshua C.

1 comment:

  1. i completely agree, knowing that i saw the movie with you.

    ReplyDelete